By willingly registering online, over the phone, or in person, please note that conference attendees acknowledge that they have read and understand the Notice of Statement of Faith below.
The Institute in Basic Life Principles, Inc. (IBLP) and the International A.L.E.R.T. Academy (IAA) are Christian nonprofit organizations that have a Statement of Faith, which includes the following tenets of faith on grace, faith, salvation, sexuality, marriage, life, and moral conduct:
- We believe people are justified by grace through faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ without any mixture of works.
- We believe the Bible gives direct guidance and also sets forth principles for Godly living that when followed honor the Lord and help believers to live life as God designed.
- We believe that the Genesis account of creation is neither allegory nor myth, but a literal, historical account of God’s creation of the universe.
- We believe that all authority begins with God and that He has ordained and created authority structures to exercise delegated authority within the jurisdictional limits of the family, church, civil government, and voluntary associations.
- We believe that God created people as either male or female and that no intimate sexual activity should be engaged in outside of a marriage between one born a man and one born a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance.
- We believe that the only Scriptural marriage is the joining of one man and one woman for life.
- We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position and value before God as both are created in the image of God, but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual and physical functions for men and women in the home and the church.
- We believe that God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. Husbands and wives are to love, care for, and submit to one another. Children are a heritage from the Lord. Parents are responsible for teaching their children spiritual and moral values through loving instruction, consistent lifestyle example and appropriate discipline, which may include loving corporal correction.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end and any willful and deliberate early termination of life is contrary to the will of God.
(The complete Statement of Faith may be viewed at iblp.org or alertacademy.com.)
Based upon its Statement of Faith, IBLP/IAA, in its sole discretion, has the right to deny anyone admittance to its property and facilities. IBLP/IAA also has the right to deny anyone registration for a conference or event. IBLP/IAA also reserves the right to deny continued participation in a conference or event to anyone who, in words, actions, or attitudes, does not demonstrate behavior consistent with IBLP/IAA’s Statement of Faith.