An exciting part of every conference is seeing and hearing families or siblings present special music or Scripture recitations together before sessions. This year, we would love it if you could participate in this! Walk through the steps below to complete the special music audition process. We look forward to hearing from you!
For His glory,
The Family Conference
P.S. Auditions are due 4 weeks before the conference begins (e.g., if your conference begins on June 5, your audition video is due on May 5.) . Recordings that are submitted after these deadlines may not be reviewed for inclusion.
- Choose your song(s)
Before you begin assembling your audition:
- Make sure you’ve got an ensemble! While exceptions are made for advanced players/singers, we do not typically accept solos. For vocal soloists, please find additional instrumentalists or at least one additional vocalist to accompany you. Thanks!
- Keep it Christ-centered! We love sacred music, especially when it’s related to a traditional hymn. If you have a scripture recitation, we recommend the King James Version.
- Get permission! We are required by law that any music performed at the conference either be in public domain or you have written permission to use and perform the selection from the publisher/arranger. This permission process must be completed before you submit your selection for the conference. For questions, contact [email protected]
And as you prepare, here are a couple things we love to see in our auditions:
- Joyful – whether you’re singing or playing, your presentation sets the tone for the coming session. Let your countenance reflect the joy and peace of the Lord as you share music with others!
- Modest – please make sure your choice of clothing is reflective of Christ in your heart, edifying to those observing, and honoring to the standards of the conference.
Make a video of your song(s)
This is the fun part, because in the video, we’re excited to see what you will present at the conference. For this reason, make the audition as close to your actual performance as possible.
Submit Your Song(s)
Auditions are due 4 weeks before the conference begins. Recordings that are submitted after these deadlines may not be reviewed for inclusion.
Once recorded, audition videos can be emailed to [email protected] (submitting a link to a shared folder is also acceptable, e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, private YouTube post, etc.)
In your email, please provide the following information:
- Name of family/performer(s)
- Name of selection(s)
- Cell number for a phone you will have at the conference.
- Email address
- Specify if piece is in the public domain or present the written permission you have obtained to use it.
- The conference and date that you plan to attend (e.g., Big Sandy, April 2019)
- A short (one paragraph) bio of your group, or some background of the song you are playing. We will use this to introduce you and your song before going on stage!
Wait for Review
You will be notified by email whether or not your audition was selected for the conference, and when you will be scheduled to perform. Thanks for joining us in music at this conference! We look forward to hearing from you. For additional questions, please contact [email protected].