An exciting part of every conference is seeing and hearing families or siblings present special music or Scripture recitations together before sessions. This year, we would love it if you could participate in this! Walk through the steps below to complete the special music audition process. We look forward to hearing from you!
For His glory,
The Family Conference
P.S. Auditions are due 2-4 weeks before the conference begins. Recordings that are submitted after these deadlines may not be reviewed for inclusion.
- Choose your song(s)
All music must be sacred or Christ-centered, preferably related to a hymn. If you are quoting Scripture, please consider using the King James Version.
Please note: We are required by law that any music performed at the conference either be in public domain or you have written permission to use and perform the selection from the publisher/arranger. This permission process must be completed before the conference. For questions, contact [email protected].
Here are a couple things we love to see in our auditions:
- Joyful – whether you’re singing or playing, your presentation sets the tone for the coming session. Let your countenance reflect the joy and peace of the Lord as you share music with others!
- Modest – please make sure your choice of clothing is reflective of Christ in your heart, edifying to those observing, and honoring to the standards of the conference.
Record your song(s)
Take a video of your siblings/family presenting your selection. This is the fun part, because in the video, we’re excited to see what you will present at the conference. For this reason, make the audition as close to your actual performance as possible.
Submit Your Song(s)
Auditions are due 2-4 weeks before the conference begins. Recordings that are submitted after these deadlines may not be reviewed for inclusion.
Once recorded, audition videos can be emailed to [email protected] (submitting a link to a shared folder is also acceptable, e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, private YouTube post, etc.)
In your email, please provide the following information:
- Name of family/performer(s)
- Name of selection(s)
- Cell number for a phone you will have at the conference.
- Email address
- Specify if piece is in the public domain or present the written permission you have obtained to use it.
- The conference and date that you plan to attend (e.g., Big Sandy, April 2019)
Wait for Review
You will be notified by email whether or not your audition was selected for the conference, and when you will be scheduled to perform.
Thanks for participating in the audition process! We look forward to hearing from you. For any additional questions, please contact [email protected].