The ALERT Cadet Challenge for young men aged 8–12 is filled with spiritual, mental, and physical lessons designed to impart a global vision for service to each young man and challenge him to develop a heart fully committed to Christ.
Participants will enjoy challenging outdoor activities, spend time in God’s Word, and learn and practice new life skills. They will work with other young men in a squad structure alongside ALERT men and ALERT Cadet officers.
Leadership Training Challenge for young men ages 13–17 is an advanced opportunity for young men to uniquely challenge them to develop character and skills necessary to be men of God and leaders in their day. The Leadership Training Challenge will be more difficult physically and mentally, stretching young men as they grow into Biblical manhood. Participants will meet separately during morning sessions then rejoin the younger group to help teach them valuable life lessons.
- Sign up your young men for the ALERT Cadet Challenge or the Leadership Training Challenge when you register for a Family Conference!
- Young men 17 and older attending the Conference may apply to become a Squad Leader.
Schedule: Full-day schedule
Cost: $95 per participant
Lunch will be provided
Big Sandy Only: Due to the extended program schedule, Thursday lunch is not provided.
Items to Bring
• KJV Bible, pen/pencil
• Small backpack
• Filled water bottle (minimum 1 liter)
• 4′ long, ¼” braided, nylon rope
• Rain poncho, sunscreen
• 3 morning snacks (lunch is provided)
Uniform for Challenge
• Tennis shoes or broken-in hiking boots
• Khaki-colored BDUs or pants
• ALERT Cadet T-shirt and a khaki cap*
*One shirt and one cap will be issued at registration; additional items may be purchased at the conference on a first-come, first served basis. Your sons will get dirty!