Big Sandy April Family Conference
International ALERT Academy
Family Conferences are weeklong, life-changing family events. Rich fellowship, inspiring messages, and hands-on workshops make Family Conference something to look forward to by anyone who has experienced one. Whether making new friendships with other families or rekindling relationships from previous years, the conference is an annual highlight for many.
The conferences are structured to foster spiritual growth as young and old alike are challenged to honor God’s Word in every area of their lives.
- From setting Olympic world records, to serving in the United States Congress, Jim Ryun shares inspiring messages about his remarkable life’s journey.
- The president of the Texas Home School Coalition, Tim Lambert champions the cause of freedom for homeschoolers at the state and national level.
- Pulling from his training in pastoral ministry at multiple Bible-based schools, Pastor Jack Lezza ministers to individuals around the world.
- A favorite preacher for many, Dr. Pope speaks at conferences from coast to coast, and spanning the globe.
- A former football star with a five-year NFL career, and the President of Reclaiming America for Christ, Blair uses the pulpit to declare truth and righteousness.
- The founder and director of In The Gap, Chad Christiansen passionately trains young people to ignite life-change wherever God sends them.
- For almost three decades, Dean’s passion for the Great Commission has taken him across the world to Asia and Africa with Gospelink.
- The pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Bob Gray II equips his listeners with “local effectiveness for global impact.”
- A skilled vocalist, arranger, and church leader, Aaron Baker has a heart to lay a foundation of Godly musical skills for the next generation.
- As a parent of 19 children, Jim Bob teaches invaluable lessons about equipping and releasing children to follow what God has called them to do.
- Founder of Courageous Men of the Word, Dwain equips men to know and share the Word, in their homes, communities, and across the nation.
- Tim Levendusky shares transforming lessons from his personal passion: “to build the Word of God into my life, and into the lives of others around me.”
- With contagious enthusiasm for his Savior, Gabriel loves exhorting people of all ages to personally know and walk with Jesus Christ.
- The coordinator of Family Conferences, David Waller is passionate about equipping believers to love and serve God with all their hearts.
- Sessions for students aged 12 and up will focus on the importance of fully trusting the Lord for every area of your life. This includes your future, your work, your marriage, and your ministry.
- At this program, girls aged 8-11 will enjoy exciting activities, crafts, Bible studies and learn practical life skills from their enthusiastic leaders who model the joy in knowing God and serving Him.
- Does your young person have an interest in photography? Techniques and tips for developing photography skills are offered in this workshop, as well as ideas for possible ministry.
- This is a time set aside just for pastors. Come be encouraged. Come share a burden you have. Come apart and be with others who understand. Just come.
- Present special music as a family or participate in orchestra and instrumental ensembles.
- Young ladies aged 12–15 enjoy activities and sessions motivating them to seek the Lord first, to love Him with all their hearts, and to humbly serve others in their youth.
- This program is for children aged 4–7 years old. Small and large group activities provide Godly instruction in ways that are both understandable and exciting to them.
- This all-day program is for young men aged 8–17. Participants experience challenging outdoor activities, spend time in God’s Word, and learn and practice new life skills.
Delicious lunch & dinner meals are available for $8/adult (ages 12+) and $6/child (ages 4-11). A continental breakfast is available for $6/adult and $4/child. Meal Packages can be purchased at events.alertacademy.com. Packages start with Monday Dinner and conclude with Friday Dinner. To purchase meals individually, please call 903-636-9201.
Please note: ALERT Cadet/Pre-EXCEL’s lunches are included in their program costs, except for Thursday lunch. This meal can be purchased individually online.
$24.00 Simple Breakfast Adult (4 breakfasts)
$16.00 Simple Breakfast Child (4 breakfasts)
$32.00 Lunch Adult (4 lunches)
$24.00 Lunch Child (4 lunches)
$40.00 Dinner Adult (5 dinners)
$30.00 Dinner Child (5 dinners)
Check out last year's delicious Big Sandy Family Conference Menu! Gluten-free options available for $2 more with prior reservation. Meal reservation deadline is Monday, April 13.
$50 non-refundable for meal cancellations received on or before Monday, April 13. (Meals are non-refundable after Monday, April 13.)
Conference Registration Prices
Family Rate: $295
Individual Rate: $95
Day Rate (Family): $80
Day Rate (Individual): $30
Children's Program Prices
Children's Institute: $60
ALERT Cadets: $95
Photography Workshop: $115
Families enrolled in ATI receive an additional $100 discount. Learn more about ATI or re-enroll!
Conference Cancellation Policies:
$35 non-refundable for conference registration cancellations. $25 non-refundable per campsite, dorm room, or cabin. $50 non-refundable for meal cancellations received on or before Monday, April 13. (Meals are non-refundable after the Meal Reservation deadline on Monday, April 13.)
No refunds for conference, lodging, or meal cancellations made on or after Monday, April 27.
Registration for Big Sandy Lodging will open at 10:00 am CST on Thursday, January 30, 2020. Housing registration will be online.
Please check back for 2020 hotel information.
For information about RV and Golf Cart Rentals, please visit the Big Sandy Rentals Page.