Big Sandy July Family Conference
International ALERT Academy
Family Conferences are weeklong, life-changing family events. Rich fellowship, inspiring messages, and hands-on workshops make Family Conference something to look forward to by anyone who has experienced one. Whether making new friendships with other families or rekindling relationships from previous years, the conference is an annual highlight for many.
The conferences are structured to foster spiritual growth as young and old alike are challenged to honor God’s Word in every area of their lives.
- An award-winning filmmaker, Curtis Bowers uses his national and international acclaim to talk about Biblical worldview and the future of America.
- The president of the Texas Home School Coalition, Tim Lambert champions the cause of freedom for homeschoolers at the state and national level.
- A favorite preacher for many, Dr. Pope speaks at conferences from coast to coast, and spanning the globe.
- A skilled vocalist, arranger, and church leader, Aaron Baker has a heart to lay a foundation of Godly musical skills for the next generation.
- An evangelist and the president of Revival Focus Ministries, John Van Gelderen is the author of “Experiencing Jesus.”
- From setting Olympic world records, to serving in the United States Congress, Jim Ryun shares inspiring messages about his remarkable life’s journey.
- As a parent of 19 children, Jim Bob teaches invaluable lessons about equipping and releasing children to follow what God has called them to do.
- God called Darren from 25 years of pastoring to found Freedom Focus - a ministry that works with local churches to proclaim truth and freedom.
- Founder of Courageous Men of the Word, Dwain equips men to know and share the Word, in their homes, communities, and across the nation.
- Featured on UP TV's “Bringing Up Bates,” Gil and Kelly and their 19 children love serving the Lord, and ministering in Bible-based churches.
- The coordinator of Family Conferences, David Waller is passionate about equipping believers to love and serve God with all their hearts.
- With contagious enthusiasm for his Savior, Gabriel loves exhorting people of all ages to personally know and walk with Jesus Christ.
- Dr. McDonald leads medical mission teams around the globe. He regularly lectures on Biblical Worldview and World Religions.
- Scott Aniol has an evident love for the Lord and desires to help others worship Him. He is an author, speaker, and teacher of culture, worship, aesthetics, and church ministry philosophy.
- Tim Levendusky shares transforming lessons from his personal passion: “to build the Word of God into my life, and into the lives of others around me.”
- The pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Bob Gray II equips his listeners with “local effectiveness for global impact.”
- Sessions for students aged 12 and up will focus on the importance of fully trusting the Lord for every area of your life. This includes your future, your work, your marriage, and your ministry.
- At this program, girls aged 8-11 will enjoy exciting activities, crafts, Bible studies and learn practical life skills from their enthusiastic leaders who model the joy in knowing God and serving Him.
- Does your young person have an interest in photography? Techniques and tips for developing photography skills are offered in this workshop, as well as ideas for possible ministry.
- Present special music as a family or participate in orchestra and instrumental ensembles.
- Young ladies aged 12–15 enjoy activities and sessions motivating them to seek the Lord first, to love Him with all their hearts, and to humbly serve others in their youth.
- This program is for children aged 4–7 years old. Small and large group activities provide Godly instruction in ways that are both understandable and exciting to them.
- This all-day program is for young men aged 8–17. Participants experience challenging outdoor activities, spend time in God’s Word, and learn and practice new life skills.
Delicious lunch & dinner meals are available for $8/adult (ages 12+) and $6/child (ages 4-11). A continental breakfast is available for $6/adult and $4/child. Meal Packages can be purchased at events.alertacademy.com. Packages start with Monday Dinner and conclude with Friday Dinner. To purchase meals individually, please call 903-636-9201.
Please note: ALERT Cadet/Pre-EXCEL’s lunches are included in their program costs, except for Thursday lunch. This meal can be purchased individually online.
$24.00 Simple Breakfast Adult (4 breakfasts)
$16.00 Simple Breakfast Child (4 breakfasts)
$32.00 Lunch Adult (4 lunches)
$24.00 Lunch Child (4 lunches)
$40.00 Dinner Adult (5 dinners)
$30.00 Dinner Child (5 dinners)
Check out last year's delicious Big Sandy Family Conference Menu! Gluten-free options available for $2 more with prior reservation. Meal reservation deadline is Monday, July 13.
$50 non-refundable for meal cancellations received on or before Monday, July 13. (Meals are non-refundable after Monday, July 13.)
Conference Registration Prices
Family Rate: $295
Individual Rate: $95
Day Rate (Family): $80
Day Rate (Individual): $30
Children's Program Prices
Children's Institute: $60
ALERT Cadets: $95
Register by June 15 to receive a 15% discount on your entire registration! Families enrolled in ATI receive a $100 discount. Learn more about ATI or re-enroll!
Conference Cancellation Policies:
$35 non-refundable for conference registration cancellations. $25 non-refundable per campsite, dorm room, or cabin. $50 non-refundable for meal cancellations received on or before Monday, July 13. (Meals are non-refundable after the Meal Reservation deadline on Monday, July 13.)
No refunds for conference, lodging, or meal cancellations made on or after Monday, July 27.
Registration for Big Sandy Lodging is open now!
Please check back for hotel information.
For information about RV and Golf Cart Rentals, please visit the Big Sandy Rentals Page.
Our local RV vendors are graciously offering significant RV rental discounts to our families coming to the conference in July! These units are equipped with air conditioning and kitchens to make your camping experience even more enjoyable.