Big Sandy Family Conference
International ALERT Academy
Family Conferences are weeklong, life-changing family events. Rich fellowship, inspiring messages, and hands-on workshops make Family Conference something to look forward to by anyone who has experienced one. Whether making new friendships with other families or rekindling relationships from previous years, the conference is an annual highlight for many.
The conferences are structured to foster spiritual growth as young and old alike are challenged to honor God’s Word in every area of their lives.
This year’s conference theme is taken from I John 4:10, which says, “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” Experiencing Christ’s love personally and becoming a channel of that love to others is the fulfillment of the Law and the prophets.
- Dr. Tson is now in his eighties, and although “retired,” he continues his ministry of writing, preaching, and evangelism.
- Tim Lee grew up in a Christian home and gave his heart to Christ at the age of 10. Tim joined the Marine Corps in 1969 to escape the world around him. Today Tim travels as an evangelist, carrying the Gospel across the nation.
- Steve Scheibner is a seminary graduate and retired pastor. He is currently the president of Characterhealth Corporation, a non-profit conference ministry aimed at equipping parents to train the next generation.
- Peter is the son of speaker/attorney Roger Magnuson, a favorite of past Family Conferences. Like his father, Peter is a practicing attorney, the pastor of Straitgate Church in inner-city Minneapolis, and an engaging speaker.
- Dean Miller inspires believers to win lost souls to Christ and disciple them through God's Word. After coming to Christ at the young age of 5, Dean attended Bible School and went on to become a pastor.
- Scott Aniol has an evident love for the Lord and desires to help others worship Him. He is an author, speaker, and teacher of culture, worship, aesthetics, and church ministry philosophy.
- As parents of 19 kids, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar teach invaluable lessons about equipping and releasing their children to follow what God has called them to do.
- Gil and Kelly have seen God take care of their family of 19 children. They delight in sharing testimonies of God’s work in their lives.
- Dr. Martin was converted “from an evolution-trained scientist to a Bible-believing creationist.” Dr. Martin’s messages resonate with the importance of trusting in God’s Word to build our trust in the Lord.
- Whether pastoring families or counseling troubled youth, Joe has a desire and vision to guide people to God and His Word for ultimate answers in life. Joe also has unique insights as a second generation homeschooler.
- Dwain Swanson will energize you in incorporating disciplines that will deepen your walk with the Lord.
- With contagious enthusiasm for living for a living Savior, Gabriel animatedly and clearly exhorts both young and old to personally know Jesus Christ. Gabe resides in Big Sandy where he works in the ATI Department.
- Bob Newhouse has been involved with the home school movement for many years, helping fathers take the lead in training their children.
- Tim’s involvement with IBLP ministry spans over 27 years in various responsibilities and locations throughout the world. He and his wife Angie served in Mongolia and Korea, and they now reside in Big Sandy, Texas.
- David Waller, father of three and fifth sibling of ten, is grateful for an upbringing that challenged him to combine a Scripturally-founded faith with real life situations. David serves as director of ATI.
- Marriage is a major commitment. This session is just for you – addressed to those special needs you have right now as you are building your life together.
- Sessions for students aged 12 and up will focus on the importance of fully trusting the Lord for every area of your life. This includes your future, your work, your marriage, and your ministry.
- The single, adult years can be challenging in so many different ways. Many 20-somethings are very busy with jobs and ministry, and are in need of spiritual rejuvenation and refocusing.
- Fun times and solid Biblical teaching await young ladies between the ages of 8-11! Enthusiastic leaders model for younger ones the joy in knowing God and serving Him.
- This is a time set aside just for pastors. Come be encouraged. Come share a burden you have. Come apart and be with others who understand. Just come.
- Present special music as a family or participate in orchestra and instrumental ensembles.
- Young ladies aged 12-15 enjoy activities and sessions motivating them to seek the Lord first, to love Him with all their hearts, and to humbly serve others in their youth.
- This program is for children aged 4-7 years old. Small and large group activities provide Godly instruction in ways that are both understandable and exciting to them.
- This all-day program is for young men aged 8-17. Participants experience challenging outdoor activities, spend time in God’s Word, and learn and practice new life skills.
- Regular family — $200
- ATI family —$150
- Regular individual —$75
- ATI individual — $55
- Children’s Institute —$55
- Pre-EXCEL — $65
- COMMIT — $50
- ALERT Cadet —$75
- Photography Workshop — $95
Registration for on-site lodging will open at 10:00 am CST on February 1, 2018.
For more information about onsite lodging please visit the Big Sandy Lodging Page.
All the listed rates have been specially reduced for those attending the Family Conference. When reserving your room, be sure to ask for the IBLP Family Conference rate/block.
America's Best Value
12732 State Highway 155 North,
Tyler, TX 75708
60.00 $35.00*/Single, $40.00*/Double
17 mins travel time
13.8 miles from Conference
Cut-off date: April 9th
Wingate by Wyndham
431 NE Loop 281
Longview, TX 75605
34 mins travel time
22.1 miles from Conference
Cut-off date: April 6th
Super 8 Tyler
2616 W NW Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75702
30 mins travel time
24.2 miles from Conference
Cut-off date: March 31st
*Prices do not include tax.